Buying a Home
Looking to buy a new home? How Exciting!
For most people, buying a home is the biggest investment they will make. Whether buying a starter home, a dream home or an investment property, I can help you make the most informed decisions every step of the way.
One of my specialties is representing the best interests of buyers throughout the home buying process. My comprehensive, high-quality services can save you time and money, as well as make the experience more enjoyable and less stressful.
First you will need to determine the price range that you can comfortably afford. I can refer you to several excellent mortgage brokers who can help you with this.
Next, I can help you assess your needs. It is usually not possible to get EVERYTHING on your 'wish list' so we want come as close as we can and certainly get the 'must have's. Here are a few questions to help assess your needs:
- How many Bedrooms do I/we need?
- What other features are important in the house - playroom, exercise room, office, mudroom?
- What style of house - charming older home, open floor plan, new construction, traditional colonial?
- Condition of the house - a house that 'needs work' but may be more affordable or a house that is "done"?
- How much land is important?
- Is a garage important? If so, 1 or 2 car garage?
- What type of neighborhood - more private and secluded properties or more of a village, city feel where you can walk to everything?
- How important is proximity to a train station (if you commute to NYC)? Is it important to be able to walk to the train?
- What other things are important to me in a home and neighborhood?
During this process we will also narrow down the town that is right for you. Rowayton or Darien? Westport or Fairfield? New Canaan? Norwalk? They all offer different things that may be important to you.
I would love to help you find the perfect home. It is very gratifying for me to see my clients move into their homes after all the research.
Looking forward to helping you, please contact me and lets get started!